Welcome To Roopangarh Fort
Today : The majestic Fort stands like a sentinel, surveying the passage of time – 350 years have come and gone and many a stone records facts of its past, especially for the traveller who enjoys a sense of history and seeks a story from the silent walls.
A.D. 1649 : Roopangarh – they made it their Capital. For a hunderd years, it became a town of unparralled grace a Roopangar which literally means a ‘city of beauty’. Roopangarh Fort became the hub of activity. Within its nine turreted fortification were made foundries, armouries,granaries, secret passages, jails and step-wells. Adjacent to the ‘charbhuja’ (4 towered fortification) nestled the palaces, delicated and fragile. The beauty of living was transcribed to a refind architecture in the form of large audience halls, incredibly high ceilings, wide doors and incredibly high ceilings, wide doors and casements as if the inhabitants drank nothing but the exhilarating breeze.
Distance from Roopangarh Fort
- Nearest Airport: Kishangarh – 29 Km.
- Nearest Railway Station: Kishangarh – 28 Km.
- Ajmer – 56 Km.
- Pushkar – 55 Km.
- Jaipur – 102 Km.
- Transport and Doctor on call.
- Indoor games.
- Car Rentals.
- Sight- Seeing Tours.
- Driver’s Quarters.
- Visa, Mastercard and all major credit cards are accepted.
- Fresh food inspired by traditional royal recipes.
1. Explore the Fort with its underground tanks, secret passage and historic quarters. The highlight sunset view from the highest point of the fort is spectacular.
2. Walk straight from the main dining hall onto a tennis court without ascending or descending a step.
3. Heritage walk in the village of Roopangarh, explore the many quaint streets of this medieval town.
4. Take a Camel safari to edge of the Thar desert.
5. Sightsee the stepwell (chorbawri) of Salemabad and the exquisite marble cenotaph at Karkeri.
6. Observe flocks of Flamingos and other migratory birds at Sambhar lake salt flats.